Saturday, July 2, 2011

May 21, 2011 - Hawthorne Trail

10am-2pm (4h)




Today I biked the full Hawthorne trail with Brandon, Vlad, and Ben. This was the furthest I had ever biked but surprisingly I found it much easier than when I had biked it last time. It was fun to spend some time biking with my friends and I found the ride to be very relaxing even if my butt started to hurt after 15 miles. I took a turn going too fast down a hill and hit a tree root. Consequently, I was launched off of my bike and hit the ground scraping my elbow and torso. It was a pretty bad scrape, but I was happy because It made me feel more rugged. We asked a guy in the parking lot for some first aid and I learned that people will usually try to help you even if they don't have the means or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment