Saturday, July 2, 2011

March 5, 2011 - Scrimmage at Tallahassee

3 hrs
I rowed in the JV8 at Lake Hall, Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park. I am very passionate about rowing as a sport, but it also gives me the opportunity to visit places that I may not ever otherwise get a chance to visit. This scrimmage with St. Andrews and Capital City Rowing was at the Maclay Gardens State Park in Tallahassee. This park is the most beautiful, natural park that I have visited. The Maclay Gardens are a Florida State Park, botanical gardens and a Historic district with several historic buildings. The site also encompasses several lakes. We rowed on Lake hall. This was one of the best spring races I rowed with the Junior Varsity 8 and placed 1st.We were all really happy to see the returns on our resolve to work harder after our disappointing loss to LBRA at opening day. Our start was a lot faster and more powerful. Our sprint was lethal and we opened half a length on St. Andrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment