Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 11, 2011- Sunshine Games at Lake Wauberg

6 hours

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110609/ARTICLES/110609409

I volunteered at the Florida’s Sunshine State Games, 2011. The Sunshine State Games held competitions in a total of 26 sports over a period of 3 months. I volunteered at the rowing regatta for over 6 hours. I directed boats to the docks, helped people with handing them oars for the boats, and then helped to unload them from the dock. Later on, I helped with the ice cone maker. It was fun to just watch other people participating in a sport that I am so passionate about. Also, it was an experience to sit watch the sport from the perspective of an observer, rather than a participant.

Lesson Learned: The sport of rowing can be run efficiently only with the help of volunteers. The sport involves a lot of help from the volunteers in directing boat traffic, loading, unloading and serving food.






No comments:

Post a Comment