Saturday, July 2, 2011

May 13-15, 2011 - Regionals at Lake Lanier Olympic Facility




This was also one of the most emotional races we have ever had. The boat meeting the day before was punctuated by Julianne's story of her one of her races in which she was suffering from sever back pains, drugged up, and yet still was able to take her boat which she was stroking from 6th place to 3rd place in about 250 meters. This was very inspiring because she had blacked out during that race and we were talking about how one would pass out before they died. This gave us the mental mind set to go out tomorrow and put absoulutely every ounce of energy we had into the race.

Consequently, OARS B who had been beating us severely the whole year was blown out of the water in the first 1500 meters, we pulled a monstrous 1:29 split for the first 500 meters and actually got off the line in first place. We weren't able to sustain the power over the other crews who were actually varsity 8s, but we still beat another team and only lost to OARS B by half a boat length after holding them behind us for most of the race.

After the race, I threw up and almost passed out. Therefore I was very satisfied because I know I pulled with everything I had. I was also pleased to see that my team mates called me a hero after I finished haha.

All in all, I truely learned the meaning of giving 100% in this race today.

No comments:

Post a Comment