Sunday, June 19, 2011

December 4, 2010 - Recorded "Mortal Kombat" with Burra Katha

4 hours

This was a very eye opening experience for me because I realized how much work is involved in recording and creating music. It was a very long and tedious process fit all the vocals together, insert samples, create baselines, and record other musical instruments to inlay into the beat. We sampled the movie Bloodsport because it is one of our favorite kung fu movies and it has a cool synth background. After writing this song, I ordered the book "How to Rap: The Art and Science of the Hip Hop MC" which completely revolutionized my lyrical abilities. As of 6/19/2011 my skills are greatly improved with multi-rhymes, slant rhymes, and even poetic conventions fused with my rap style. I learned a lot about performing vocally and harnessing breath control which is necessary to spit continuously for minutes on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment