Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16, 2011- Golf at Ironwood.

6h

I played golf today at Ironwood. This all started yesterday, I first baked brownies for my golf buddies, it took me 2 h to finish baking the brownies. Taylor came over and we made 2 batches of brownies for everyone to enjoy during the course. When we got there the next day, we were disappointed to find that we were not allowed to rent a golf cart on account of our age. We found it both amusing and irritating that we are allowed to drive 2000 lb hunks of metal at 70 mph down the freeway, but we are not allowed to pilot electric powered carts around a scarcely populated course. Regardless, we enjoyed ourselves playing a game of 4 holes. It took us especially long to play the 4 holes because we were 4 people trying to play with the same clubs. It was my first time playing golf and while I was not very good at using a driver, I was able to hit the ball further than all my experienced friends while using the irons. I practiced my swing with help from my friends and was able to consistently hit it far with the irons. We resolved to go to the driving range next time inorder to hone our skills.

I was surprised how fast I picked up the golf stroke. My perceptions of golf were also changed, I always knew it required skill, but it really struck me after I attempted to hit it. Its much more difficult than it looks. My friends were amazed by my ability and I resolved to play more golf and continue to develop my natural skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment