Monday, November 28, 2011

November 19, 2011- Head of the Giblet

4h


I raced in the lightweight 8 at the Head of the Giblet in Orlando. I was extremely angry after this race. We had to stop in the middle because the boat in front of us that we were passing would not yield to us like you are supposed to. This cost us a lot of time because of all the speed we lost slowing down, stopping, and then speeding back up. In the end, we missed 3rd place by a margin of only 20 seconds. Far less than we lost because of the St. Andrews River not yielding. This means if it wasn't for them, I would have medaled. This is a big blow to my morale, but I used it as motivation and hung the results of the race in my room to remind me victory is within reach. St. Andrews was assessed a 30 seconds penalty which helps no one because they were dead last anyways. If we had been given a 30 seconds boost we would have had 3rd place easily. I take this race as motivation to keep pushing and getting stronger.








No comments:

Post a Comment