Monday, November 28, 2011

November 11, 2011-Volunteered at Wine Tasting

We helped to setup (rig) and then wrap up (derig) boats for the annual GAR Wine tasting event. This is the largest fundraiser for Gainesville Area Rowing. They usually make $8000-$10,000 at this event.
I also helped serve the wine to people by passing bottles to the servers. I was enjoying the live music and the company of my friends. The event made me feel happy because I got to hear music which makes everything better and I got to see Dr. Morris, my 8th grade history teacher. He was a very big part of my child hood and it was nice to see him. We talked about college and he wished me luck for my choices of schools. He then recited his old motto "Do your best today" and I felt absolutely wonderful to hear those words from him. I learned that it is important to continue to keep in touch with those important to you because you want their friendship to last forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment