Sunday, September 18, 2011

August 27, 2011- Strength and conditioning workshop 4-6pm

2h
4-6pm
I attended the strength and conditioning workshop at Lake Newnan.The workshop included rowing-specific strength and conditioning assessment and implementation of exercises. This would be very helpful for injury prevention during the rowing season. The workshop was conducted by two of the master rowers, Renate & Jason Lambert. Rowing is such a repetitive activity that there are specific types of stretches and movements that we can all be doing to make sure we stay balanced and reduce injury. The workshop included instruction, demonstration, and a workout!

Renate & Jason are very knowledgeable personal trainers who have recently joined GAR Masters. Renate was at Erg Sprints attempting to break the world record in the 500 m dash last year. Overall, this was a very informative workshop. I learned some of the stretches that I should perform after rowing to keep myself injury free. Sometimes, my back hurts after rowing because you sit up so straight to row. The back stretching techniques were very useful and I have incorporated those in my routine after I am done with practice everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment